Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Gem in a Mountain of Stuff

One of the most wonderful places that I like to visit when in Alabama is Longleaf, a little antique/consignment mall that is chock FULL of wonderful and amazing buys, and even if I don't leave with one, it is still a good day to just visit! Since we've been down here I've been on the hunt for a place like that, and the other day we might have found it... well, it'll do between Alabama trips!

Way back in one of the halls behind a mountain of junk, I found this little beauty for a whooping $6!




I had to have it.

Unfortunatly, I took the "before" picture after I had put the paper in place to keep the glass clean - but under the blue covering is a sweet little painting of two butterflies. I have visions of this hanging next to our desk or in a craft room... or maybe a little girl's room someday?!?! But, I really didn't like the brassy/gold color of the frame, so out came some leftover white spray paint and to town I went.

Ta da! 




Sure, it's a little rough, but I kind of like it.

Here's the masterpiece underneath.




And the final product - isn't it a gem!


No comments:

Post a Comment