Monday, May 7, 2012

Chasing the Light

The past several nights we've had some truly stunning sunsets.  As the blues, purples, pinks, oranges and reds flowed across the sky you couldn't help but just sigh and thank God for such a sweet gift.

The first night of the breathtaking sunset string I grabbed my camera and ran up and down our neighborhood capturing pictures of it intermingling with the trees, gasping at how vibrant and pure it was and exhilarated in my passion.


Last night was another stunner. I watched it from the couch with the older boys bopping around and Isaiah nursing. I watched the sun flicker and tease me through the leaves of the tree shading our mailbox, and as I sat there holding my little piglet there was a voice in my head screaming, "CHASE THE LIGHT!! CHASE THE LIGHT!!!" There was this incredible urge to go running outside with my camera and capture the yummy goodness of that beautiful sunset. I didn't of course, Brian wasn't home and Isaiah would have strongly protested to an interrupted dinner. But I sure wanted to, and it was in that very second that I truly knew that this is what I wanted to do. I want to capture amazing awesome and breathtaking moments - moments that our GOD has given us - and share them with the world, the believers, the unbelievers and everyone else.


To chase that light around and around and around and use it to testify to others the true greatness and awe of our breathtaking Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment